Wednesday, December 20, 2006

okay.....just waiting for the other shoe to fall

Well, monday actually was tolarable. The opposing lawyer didnt ask me a fourth of the things that my lawyer prepped me for, as a matter of fact, he seemed very outgunned and unprepared. I am hoping that's good for me. Seems like they once again found the guy that caused the car wreck, he's only bailed twice now. But my lawyers got ahold of him today. I cant wait to hear how that went. I am hoping they ate his lunch. It was a shock to me, after only an hour and a half, the other lawyer says, "well, we;re done. That's it." I was shocked, and so was my lawyer. He said I did well, and seems to think that Allstate will be putting money on the table trying to settle. That would be awesome.

My lawyer also contacted WM whom was the person that took me into the ER the night of the wreck, and asked him for the details of the ER visit. I got a bit of a run down on the conversation, and it just varified the things that I had said already. In addition, my lawyer asked WM to find out about the wrecker driver that towed off Mr. Can'tdriveforshit's car, and get contact information. WM drives a wrecker for his shop now, so he as able to track down the other driver in a matter of hours. Work number, cellphone, and contact information.

As MW's boss and my lawyer have been working on part of the background information together, I did find out that after the deposition on Mr. Nodrivingidiot, that my lawyer was in a good mood. I'm hoping thats good for me. We had my car repaired at WM's shop, and the boss and my lawyer have been working together on other cases for a while now, with alot of success. The boss guy is someone that my brother worked for at one time, and I have known, as an aquantance for a while.

So in the morning I am hoping to call my lawyer and see how things went today. I'm just dying to know. I've been told that I will be provided with a transcript of the depositions at some point. Hmmmmm...wonder if I offered to pay extra I could get it rushed to me. LOL. I so want to know the other side of this story.

At the scene, I was so messed up, that I couldn't concentrate very well. But I do remember the other driver and his passanger speaking to each other in spanish, and I stated that in the deposition. That was good, and my lawyer wanted to work on that, says it makes them look like they had something to hide. I dont know, I dont speak spanish. But getting that tow truck driver's contact information, and getting his name on the wittness list, it's some kind of head game, pressure tactic to make the other driver admit to things. So, maybe that is good. I duuno.

In other news, the kiddos got to see santa tonight. We had fun, ate pizza, and got some pictures taken up at the church. They looked so darling, it was very cute. The boy even smiled all pretty for his picture. Momma was very pleased. They each recieved a stocking of goodies and a stuffed animal.

The girl child decided to take hers to a little boy that is having a bad time. His dad is a jail, mom is entering rehab in the morning, and he just got placed with relatives (our good friends across the street, another cop family, and the girl's best friend's family), he would not be having a Christmas, but the friends are now scrambling to make it Christmas for him too. The girl child's idea, and I am so proud of her for being so thoughtful. We asked granny to make the little boy, age 6, a christmas stocking with some goodies in it. How screwed up, 5 days before chirstmas, and getting your world turned upside down. But at least the H-family is doing everything they can to try and help the little guy. T watched our kids today while we went shopping, and our boy and the new addition played video games together all afternoon. So it went well, as well as could be expected with messed up mom stopping by to disrupt the little guy every time T turned around.

Thank God for small miricles. Our kids have it so much better than they even understand. I'd like to keep it that way. They'll figure it out someday and be thankful for the life we are giving them. (I hope!)

well, that's about it for now. I'll try and give an update when I know more about the lawyer.

1 comment:

John said...

Yeah, things are good now. Makes me just smile. The other thing that I've found in life is that you get good news, well (like some extra money) then you generally have an unanticipated expense that the good news covers either most or all of. Like a good karma thing. What would Lazarus Long say? Dunno. Meanwhile, Merry Christmas!!!!