Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Ack, call me a follower, 100 things about me

I've seen this type of list on every active blog I've been on. But it is such a great idea that I thought I'd try it.

1. Nursing is one of the ways I define who I am.

2. My favorite single digit number is 7.

3. I've been married twice, the first time around was a hugh mistake, but it led me to where I need to be and allowed me to learn about who I was and want I wanted from life and my partner, so my starter marriage had a purpose.

4. That first marriage was when I as 17, newly graduated from high school.

5. I spent 9 years living in Alaska before moving back to Texas to help take care of my elderly mother.

6. I have two children, and daughter born in 1996, and a son born in 1997. They are only one year and 17 days apart in age.

7. I met my husband of 13 years while living in Alaska.

8. I hate video games.

9. My son has PDD, Asperger's Syndrome form of autism. So I am a mom to a special needs child.

10. My daughter is incredible bright, in the high achiever program at school and wants to be a doctor when she grows up. I am incredible proud of her for just being the wonderful, happy, loving, generous, beautiful little girl that she is.

11. Said daughter plays softball, so I am a softball mom/taxi service.

12. My children are more important to me than the family I was born into.

13. I married at 17 the first time to get away from my birth family.

14. I graduated high school early, and then turned down scholarships in order to get married that first time.

15. I want to grow old with my current husband, he is my BEST friend as well as my lover and husband.

16. G, the hubby, talked me into marrying him, I didnt want to get married again. *smiles* His rationale was that his military VHA and BAQ pay would increase if I would agree to marry him instead of just living together.

17. I love my mother, but she is an angry, depressed, controlling, self asorbed bitch. Yet, I still seek her approval.

18. My husband hates my mother, and I often get stuck in between wishing to please my mom, and keeping peace with my husband. He resents her treatment of me.

19. I get along wonderfully with and love my mother-in-law and sister-in-law more than my birth family.

20. I enjoy woodworking and building things.

21. The first 'real' job I ever had was as a maid cleaning other peoples houses.

22. Following jobs includes, door to door vacuum cleaner sales, car sales, telemarketing and finially working in a hardware store.

23. Before Nursing, the hardware store was the job I enjoyed the most. On weekends I taught do it yourself classes and almost went into management for the store before decided to go to college.

24. I entered college after much encouragment from my husband to follow my childhood dream of being a nurse.

25. Currently I have over 100 college credit hours. But only a certificate of completion for the nursing program Licensed Vocational Nurse. LVN for short.

26. It took me over 8 years to earn that certificate because I was attending college part time, raising children, and working full time.

27. I earned every hour of my college time myself, no one gave it to me. And I am very proud of that. So no else has any claim to my accomplishment.

28. I have many hobbies that I dabble in, accumilate all the tools for, become very good at, and then lose interest in.

29. I've been a life long reader for as long as I can remember. I like to buy my books, and collect them, rather than just borrow them from the library. That way, I can re-read them anytime I get the urge.

30. I'm addicted to technology.

31. I carry a PDA at work so I can look up drugs and medical facts instantly when a family member or patient asks me a question.

32. I started smoking after I became a nurse. Sad, I know.

33. My husband hates that I smoke, and I hate that he doesnt wear a bullet proof vest.

34. I have two older brothers, and an older sister. 13 years older than me, 10 years older than me and 8 years older than me. I was an after thought. Almost like a second family for my parents.

35. My mother has been married mulitple times, and I am my dad's only biological child. He adopted my mothers other kids when they got married, so all her children would have the same last name. He has never treated any of us as less than his children.

36. My children are the only grandkids on my hubby's side, and two of the only three on my side of the family tree. They're spoiled rotten.

37. I miss my children's babyhood.

38. After our son was diagnosied as Autistic, my husband had a vesectomy, and I had my tubes tied, so we would not be having any more children. It wouldn't be fair to our son, or any other possible children, because the boy requires so much time, energy, money, attention, and patients.

39. Our daughter, the older child, gets short changed at times due to her brother's condition. She's very understanding and has grown to understand why as she has gotten older. I still feel guilty though.

40. My husband being a cop scares the snot out of me at times. He's stable, has provided our family with security, a good living, a nice house, nice cars, and plenty of his attention. But the fear of losing him, him personally, scares me more than losing everything else this family owns.

41. I miss Alaska.

42. I really miss Alaska. That's home to me. Even with all the cold and harsh conditions at times, it's home.

43. I hate southeast texas and all the ignorant, uneducated ideas I have to deal with here. Culture shock, because it's like being time warped back 20 years into the bad ol' days.

44. Stupidity should be fatal.

45. Because of stupidity, my husband will always have job security. People keep doing dumb things to get arrested for.

46. I love Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

47. I once gave up coffee for lent. The biggest single hardest lenten season I have endured since starting to observe the pratice.

48. I have a learning disability, Dyslexia.

49. I can type almost as fast as I can think, and I spell better on the computer than in hand writting.

50. I am a terrible speller.

51. I like to make handmade gifts at Christmas to give to family and close friends. It shows that I took the time to do something, rather than just spend money. More love involved, I think.

52. I am obsessive compulsive about alot of things.

53. I stil cry at emotional movies and TV programs.

54. I am currently taking a mixed martial arts / self defense class.

55. I hold an Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification. It means I get 50 cents more an hour to be lilable for peoples lives. Kinda scary that peoples lives are only worth 50 cents an hour.

56. I grauated nursing school Phi Theta Kappa. ((they think I'm smart, and I'm not about to let THEM find out the truth. muhhhhhhhh))

57. I have to work twice as hard as everyone else on academics, due to my dyslexia.

58. My brother with the over 140 IQ is essentially unemployed, alcoholic, pot-smoking, didnt finish high school, gave up this then 13 year old daughter for adoption, bum, and Mom still likes him the best. WTF?????

59. Hubby said if afore mentioned brother ever gets caught DUI, he's running him in and enjoying every minute of it. I told him 'Good.'

60. I like the band 'Bowling for Soup,' and got to see them in concert this last summer at the skate park in my home town.

61. My daughter got me interested in the band, I took her to the concert, Jared touched her hand, and she was insane about it for the next week. Their CD goes into the player inthe car every time we get in and go ANYWHERE. I'm getting tired of that CD. Wish they would release a new one. Have to wait two more months.

62. I like shopping on ebay.

63. I love the spider lillies that come up uncultivated in my yard every fall. I think they are beautiful. Wish I could get to grow IN the flower bed, instead of by the fence.

64. In Alaska, I had raspberry bushes and patunia's in my garden, here in Texas I have a wild rose bush, spider plant, wonderint jews, and cannas. All low maintance plants. I want a garden without all the work.

65. my favorite holiday is halloween.

66. I grew up baptist, but now attened Catholic church with my husband and children. Me, I believe that its all between me and God, the flavor is irrelavent.

67. I'm not an attend church every time the doors are open type of person, I feel my spirituallity is personal, but I do attend services when I can.

68. One of me favorite foods: Sliced Granny Smith Apples dipped in a mixture of peanut butter and honey. yummmmmmm.

69. Prolly my favorite double digit number 69, but not for why you think. It's in one of my identification numbers, makes it easy to remember.

70. I dont like math. I can do it, as long as it's not some complex algebraic formula that Einstine would cringe at, just hand me my PDA.

71. I play Runescape online. But not as often as some people in my house.

72. Managing money is hard for me. The more money I have, it seems like the worse I am. During those 'poorer' times the hubby and I have endured, I did better at holding the checking acount in check, than when we are making good money. Somebody explain that to me? Shouldnt it work the other way around?

73. I collect monopoly stuff. The different speical edition board games, coffee cups, kick-nacks, Johnny Lightening monopoly themed cars, and christmas orniments.

74. I also have the Hallmark Star Trek orniments going back to the orginal one in 1990 or 91. I had all of them expect the very first one, and then last year hubby paid large dollars for the first one for me as a christmas present. It was the most unexpected thing he's ever given me. I'd wanted it for years, but looked on with envy due to the price. ((there goes that money management thing again.))

75. I use to watch the orginal Star Trek TV show with my day. It was a bonding thing for us. I think that is where my love of technology stems from. Dad is a TV repair man, among other electronics, so gizmos and thingamagigs are in his blood. Guess some things breed true.

76. When doing laundry, I use a kitchen timer to help me keep up with when it is time to switch loads around. It takes approx one hour to wash or dry a load of laundry, and then about 15 minutes to fold or hang it up. Sooooo, for each load of laundry my family generates in a week, it takes 2 hours and 15 minutes to get it clean, dry, and back into dresser and closets. That's alot of man hours(....er....woman hours in this house) just so they can say, "Mom, I have nothing to wear."

77. My cell phone bill is more than my home phone, and even when at home, I'll pick up the cell to call people.

78. I hate homework and projects, but I put alot of work into and do it anyway.

79. After I get my RN, and am making the big bucks, I plan on have a tummy tuck and liposuction, or maybe even a complete body lift. So I can have my pre-baby body back.

80. One of my teenaged dreams was to get to go to Paris France. It's yet to happen, but maybe after the tummy tuck.... *smiles*

81. I want to send my parents on vaction to Haiwii before they get too old to enjoy it.

82. I also want to be able to buy a grave marker for G's father. I really wish I could have met the wonderful man that helped raise my hubby to be the man he is today.

83. I think time travel would be so cool, but only as a tourist. If you actually went back and changed things, like the TV and movies show, I think it would actually mess up more stuff than it fixed. a la "Butterfly Effect."

84. It's my opinion that it's silly to think that humans are the only intelligent life in the entire vast universe we live in... the other beings may even be smarter, they're avioding us aren't they?

85. Dishonest people really piss me off.

86. Being sick makes me grouchy and demanding.

87. I make a lousy patient when sick, and my hubby hates it, cause he's usually the one having to tend to me.

88. I tend to stress out about the future.

89. Most of the things I worry about always work out in the end, even if it takes what seems like forever to do so.

90. I like the taste of green tea.

91. My favorite Disney character is Tinker Bell.

92. After looking thru my closet, I discovered that I buy alot of gray colored clothing. Black seems too harsh, and I am so not a bright primary color person. My auto is also gray. Guess it just tends to blend into the background better. So I own alot of gray.

93. I love the sound of the rain, but I dislike thunder storms.

94. I like to sleep when it rains.

95. My favorite time for making love seems be around 2pm. The kids are at school, and if our schedules permit, we have both slept late, had a nice lunch and are feeling all warm, and cozy.

96. Normally I have a high sex drive. I like it, and I'm not ashamed of it.

97. I dislike the sound of my own voice recorded and played back. I think I always sound stupid.

98. I've been in three very bad auto accidents in my life. In two I could have easily died, but I was wearing my seat belt.

99. When I do die, I want my brain to go to Autism research, donate any organs or tissue that is usable to another human being, and the rest of my cast off shell can be cremated. Just sprinkle my ashes into the ocean.

100. I believe in God and I really do think that Jesus paid for all my sins. I dont however go around tring to cram my beliefs down other people's throats.

No comments: