Monday, September 11, 2006

Hahahaha Encouragement, just what I need

This is like, not funny.

Worked all weekend, 12 hour shifts with a heavy patient load all weekend. Some how, folks just equate nurse with waitress, maid, and slave labor. So much for the most trusted and respected profession, ranking higher in public opinion polls than even doctors. It's gotta be cause we smile and shovel garbage at the same time. In nursing school, we are almost brow beat into believing that doctors are gods, (little g as I am a monothesis), and patients are always right. Soooooo, you have sick, uncomfortable, cranky, many times mentally challenged, very old people cussing you out and trying to knock your socks off every time to enter the room telling you how much you abuse them, and that they are gonna kill you with a gun, JUST because you are hanging up and I.V. antibiotic. This is medication, going into al already exiting IV line, fluids already running on a pump, all I have to do is hook up an piggyback line. Lady cant even feel any difference in the medication and fluids. And she's threating me, and attempted to hit me! She's as confused as a june bug, and twice as annoying. Me, I have to smile, nod, and do my job, all the while holding back there desire to just throttle her. I really do love my work, it's fatigue talking.

Strength of will is NOT hauling off and hitting half the people that need it, and instead killing them with kindness while picturing them with a noose around their necks. And that is just the families. *psychotic laughter* sorry, three rather rough twelve hour shifts, on my feet, and very little sleep have me a bit...... neurotic? The night shift seemed like such a good idea when this started, but that was before, "ah, mom? I dont mean to wake you up, but...." insert any demand you like, they all start like that, and generally could well wait and be addressed when I climbed out of bed at 1630.


*Picture the mad tea party from Disney's Alice in Wonderland* New topic:


Sept 11.
After 5 years, and it still just makes my chest ache. It's like my mom's generation and the Kennedy assassination, I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard what was happening to our country. I remember going out for lunch after getting home from my basic nursing class ( the CNA course) and walking into the pizza place, having all the TV's on the news and watching the planes hit. Over and over again, seeing the planes and pentagon and bellowing smoke. How it hit me in the center of my chest, 'we're not safe anywhere.' How I watched the New York Port Authority and fire fighters rushing into burning buildings, just thinking, "Oh my God. All those innocent people." G and I went to see the movie a few month back, about the plane that crashed in a field in PA. It chronicled most of the events of the morning and what happened on that last plane. Very powerful. Very important. Not for entertainment, but for remembering. I know there is another movie out now about the events of 9/11, but I really dont think I can see it yet. Maybe when it comes out on Dvd, but not now. I am going to try and keep the TV off today and possible the rest of this week.

Those things just still hurt so badly. It's so close to home for me. As a nurse and the wife of a police officer, had that happened in Texas, that could well have been us. We have flown on plenty of airplanes. All those innocent people. Just gone without any regard to the sanctity and preciousness of those lives. How could anyone be such a monster? How could anyone celebrate the loss of so many innocent people. People just going to work, just doing everyday things, just nose to the grind stone, pay the bills, and punch the clock day after day. Ordinary people killed in the thousands, just for being in America. No provocation, no hostile intent towards their unseen killers, just Joe Average Citizen doing a civilian job, unaware that some one was about to turn them into cannon fodder.

How can anyone be so evil? And why dont we have Osama yet? Like Saddam, he needs to be captured alive, that way is not a martyr. Put him on Trial to show just how much of a monster he is, and them put in jail, isolation, with no way to get his message out, like the American terrorist was censored. Silence him, without giving him his "30 virgins." What a crock. WHAT evil did the 30 virgins do to be forced to endure his ass for all eternity?

well, enough of a rant, time for some sleep.

No comments: