Monday, September 25, 2006

stuborn, hard headed, bitch

SO, the lovely mom person calls early this morning. Me, still sick as a dog. She wants to know how I'm feeling, cuz she needs some medical information. (grrrrrrr...am not a MD, only an LVN dam it!) She's developed a bright red rectal bleed complete with clots. I tell her to go see our family Doc. She says she doesnt want to go into the doc office. Seems that yesterday, they took my dad in to get a suspicious mole removed, while waiting, the office manager come in and wants $100.00 up front, cuz insureance didnt cover the last pre-cancer spot removed from dad. And the office manager didnt have time to call the insureance company, they were short handed, mom and dad just needed to pay an additional hundred bucks before the procedure could be done. This is after the $25.00 co-pay that everyone has to pay up front, before being maked down for an appointment slot.
So she doesnt want to go in to see doc, cuz office manager was rude to them yesterday!!! Mom says she doesnt have the money for that, but she can go to ER as soon as dad gets home from work...WTF!!!!!! ER?!?!?!?!?!?!?! That costs 4 jor 5 x as much! She says, she has insureance to cover it. (banging head against brick wall) Granted, she needs to seek treatment. I dont exactly have a scope to cram up her bottom to check where the bleed is coming from and fix it. And from the phone conversation, it was like she wanted me to somehow magically get a MD and fix her problem. THEN comes the guilt trip about how she doesnt matter, and how she doesnt work and therefore doesnt contribute to the house, so we would all be so much better off if she did hemrrhage to death. (gritting teeth, bitch) Like I have any control over some freaking office manager and like I have any way to repair a rectal bleed, OMG, I'm a nurse, not a freaking wizard! How am I suppose to help with any of this?
So I call the doctor office and ask to have the FNP or MD call me back, I know them both by name and work with them from time to time. They are both busy, so the RN doing NP clinicals calls me back, agrees that mom needs treatment, but has no way of helping if mom refuses to seek treatment. Can I strangle this woman! I called mom back, mind you, from my own sick bed, and told her I could get her in to see the doc if she would go, she refuses, states again that she will go to ER.

I freaking give up!!!!!!!! Bitch! How am I suppose to fix things for an irrational person? How to reason with neurotic people? Can you say manipulative?

So I crawled back into bed and cussed for a while, felt like throwing things and finally went back to sleep.

arggggggg, fuck, piss and vinegar, grrrrrrr, bitch.

1 comment:

kate loving shenk said...

hi tracy,

hope is well with your mom--

just discovered your blog!! good luck with your RN schooling!!

wondered if you would like to check out my blog:

http://nursehealers.typepad.com

peace (of mind)

kate loving shenk