Thursday, September 28, 2006

Update on the update, or, Life as we know it

Well, the mom type is going to be fine. A bleeding hemrrhoid that the doc cauterized and a case of diverticulitis. Just means there's some things she wont be able to eat anymore cause they are hard on the intestine, like nuts, whole corn, ya get the idea. She's out of the hosptial and back to being her mean self. Not that she ever stopped being mean, but ya know, gotta at least pretend they are nice people while in the hospital.

As for pathophys and health assessment, so far a 96% in both classes. WOOT! I was stoked. This two classes are about to drive me to drinking, stuff I have already had about 10 times at least!

Yesterday was over cardiac funcion....grrrrrrr. I started my nursing career working on a telemetry floor. So reading ECG are and everyday thing, and you have to know what is going on with the patient, cause you have to treat the underlying cause.... So lecture yesterday was like have dental work done. dohhhhhh, ya mean there is some kinda thingy that make the heart pump, and with it dont work, well, that's bad right? *beating head again*

Not to be tooooooo mean, but the class is full of 'baby nurses' they just graduated in August from VN school, most still just GVN's. I hit the unit running over four years ago, and wasnt excatly cut much slack, so had to learn fast. I know they need to know what they dont know, but when thin, blond, big boobs, valley girl, GVN starts asking STUPID questions, I would rather pull out my own fingernails than have to listen to her talk.

But as in most things, I smile, nod in the appropriate places, and just vent here when I get home. I know I must sound like a nut case on this blog, but really it's theraputic, I vent here, so the rest of the world is safe and sound, and I just smile at them and nod yet again.

;)

No comments: