Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Update

Well. My mom was admitted to my hospital last night around midnight. They stick her on the floor I worked four years ago, Cardiac floor, and did a procedure this morning. Upper GI this morning showing nothing that would cause such extensive bleeding. GO FIGURE, it is bright red blood doc.... dont ya think it would be coming from the lower section of intestines or colon? dohhhhhh!!!!

So tomorrow they do the lower GI. I got to spent the afternoon getting her to drink 4litters of Colyte, that was soooo fun, *sarcasim* Gee, can we do that again?

Mom has a high sensativity to all things anesthetic, so they used Phenegran to knock her out. She was gorked all day! So here I am, forcing colyte down one end, trying to keep her from falling going to and from the bathroom, changing her gowns when she doesnt quite make it, and trying to stay out of the way of the floor nurses. I know them, they can be bitchy when freaked around with. The one taking care of mom today was a CNA when I worked there. *rolls eyes* she didnt impress me then either. of course with all the running back and forth, still passing blood clots, and the phenegran, mom manages to pull her IV site out. Of course the ER put in her AC anyway, so it set the pump to beeping each time she bent her arm. Hence new IV time. I left the room, just couldnt sit there and not come un-glued on someone. They are also running Q8* H/H on her, already have her typed and cross matched. I'm just waiting for the call in the middle of the night that they have to transfuse. Dad and I signed all the consents before we left, "just in case."

I am not a happy camper, tomorrow I have class all day. It's something I cant miss, I missed last week because I was so very sick. Not a way to make a good impression with the director of the upward mobility program. Dad said he'd be there, it would be okay.

Mom has a hx of her heart stopping with any type of sedation, and just cause the phenegran worked today just fine, doesnt mean it will in the morning. Does this ever get any better?

No comments: