Monday, September 20, 2004

Sick Days

It's one of those sick days. I cant get into the doctor until tomorrow and I am misrable.

You'd think at 31 I'd be over wanting my mom to come pamper me while I'm not feeling well. Heck if I'd have been feeling better I would have called her over. Anyway, I slept most of the day and only got a few of the errends done that I had planned for today. Did after school homework with the kids and started christmas wish lists with them. KC had to sulk this afternoon because I wouldnt let her wear her school uniform pants for play clothes. In my defense, she did get bright red paint on the last pair of school pants I let her play in, now they have to be replaced.

Ah kids. aint they great. Trey seems to be having a good day today. He and I worked on his spelling words with minimal fussing. Just think how tired you are, much less say it out loud, and they have a million things that only mom can handle. So much for them being self sefficent.

The cat too is trying to kill me, he tripped me on the way back to the keyboard.

Gary is attending a memeoral service at school this afternoon for the local police officer that died in a copter crash. The whole class is attending. It's odd how one cop dying just kinda makes you hurt for your own husband. I know he puts himself at risk everyday, but damn it, that's a bloody hell of a reminder that he could just not come home one day. That's got to be my worst fear.

Despite everything his family thinks of me, or my family thinks of him. He's a great dad, a good husband and wonderful partner. He is my other half, my team mate in this game of life. We have eachothers backs. I could survive without him, but it would be just for the kids sake, I'd be lost emotionally. He really is the love of my life.

There have been times when I knew he was at risk, in the Navy, and in corrections, when the thought alone of losing my made me cry.

How many academy's have we been through together? I've lost count. Damn it, we been through the poorer part....when do we get to the richer part? :P


No comments: